Eta-Zuma group Ltd has a corporate motto that is based on the belief that “customer satisfaction is the key to our growth.” These thoughts reflect our hope of contributing to the development of our society and dear country Nigeria through the provision of services that satisfy our customers.
Eta-Zuma group Ltd has built a solid reputation for market excellence, drawing on a rich history and a strong heritage of quality, stability and innovative leadership in the Nigerian business circuit
TA-Zuma Group is a conglomerate with diverse business interests in various industries. The following are core business areas of the group:
The group businesses are carried out through the following companies:
ENERGY AND METAL INDUSTRIES LIMITED (EMI)- The Company is a Limited Liability Company established in accordance with the requirements of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (1990) of Nigeria and other relevant laws and regulations of Nigeria.
The company is a fully integrated exploration and mining company with a representative office in Kiev, Ukraine where expatriate assistance and experience is drawn. The company has affiliates companies from where it also draws technical supports and resources from.
We offer wide variety of services that cater for the following market facets: Engineering and Mining Services, Exploration of diverse solid minerals, project planning and Management.
We are mineral title holders of 5 Coal Exploration Licences, as well as a Gold Exploration Licence duly issued by the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development. The Company has embarked on detailed exploratatory activities on the said licenses which are located in Kogi State, Nigeria.
At EMI Ltd, we bring a combination of mining expertise, entrepreneurial and professional experience designed to effectively and efficiently advance the development of our society through the spectrum of services we render.
Our workforce is made up of experts with years of experience in various high-profiles multinationals. They are mostly professionals of repute, who have been tested and proved to be competent in their accomplishments. Our clients can testify to the high importance we attach to setting of high quality values in all the projects we have handled.
Zuma 828 Coal Ltd, a member of the Eta-Zuma Group, registered on the 14th of January 2010 in accordance with the provisions of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2004, with its registered address at Plot 26, Sector Centre C, Gudu District Abuja.
The Company was set up for the purpose of the realization of the Groups coal exploration and mining initiatives. Consequently, it has acquired title to 3 coal Mining Leases (9266ML, 9182ML, 9267ML) and in compliance with the provisions of the “Nigerian Minerals and Mining Act 2007” the company has obtained all the necessary approvals (Local Government Area consent and Community Consent) from the areas covering its license areas located in the Okobo Community within Ankpa Local Government area of Kogi State.
Since its inception, the company has made giant strides in the achievement of its mandate, this is evidenced by the following milestones:
1. Aerial mapping of the project site using Lidar Survey
2. Feasibility Study for the Open Cast Mining has been successfully concluded by Behre Dolbear USA.
3. Acquisition of 3 Coal Mining Leases
4. Land Lease Agreement has been successfully executed with the host community and duly registered at the lands Registry.
5. Optimized Mine Plan for 8 years using Gemcom software Minex program has been concluded
6. EIA has been concluded and approval obtained.
7. EPRP (Environmental Protection and Rehabilitation Plan) study has been conducted and approval is being awaited.
8. Selected equipment for open cast mining, ordered and installed.
9. Mine management team comprising of foreign and local experts mobilized for construction of enabling facilities.
10. Mine facility constructed and fully utilized.
11. Mine explorations of the mining sites have been completed.
12. Optimized mine design is completed.
13. Test pit operations at the mine site are ongoing.
14. Coal supply to some cement companies in Nigeria has fully commenced
Zuma Steel West Africa Ltd. is a private Limited Liability Company incorporated in Nigeria in 2005 with a mission to enhance the growth and development of the Nigerian Steel Industry. The company acquired 100% assets of the liquidated Jos Steel Rolling Co. Ltd through a bid processed and supervised by the Bureau of Public Enterprises. Zuma Steel is associated with major player in the global steel sector The former Jos Steel Rolling Company Mill was built by a German consortium under an agreement signed in 1979 as a hot steel rolling mill for production of various sizes of long and round wire coils and straight bars for use in civil and building construction, metal fabrication works and manufacture of steel products by downstream industries. It was commissioned on 26th March 1983 with an installed capacity of 210,000 tonnes per annum. With Delta Steel Company Ltd, Aladja, to serve as its main source of raw materials (Billets) by design and policy like the other two rolling mills in Kaduna and Oshogbo.
The company had been making positive contribution to the socio-economic sector through provision of employment and backward and forward linkage including the supply of raw materials to downstream industries in Nigeria in meeting with the objective of its establishment. Under the new ownership, Zuma Steel West Africa Ltd. has entered into technical partnership agreement with Industrial Union of Donbass, a Steel Production Company in Ukraine. With this partnership ZSWL is re-positioning to meet the ever-growing steel products market requirement to save foreign exchange and provide gainful employment to the teeming youths.
Zuma Steel West Africa Ltd is adequately equipped with metal fabrication shops, electrical and electronics workshops and has well trained and experienced technical manpower. ZSWL will harness these facilities to impart skill acquisition through well laid out technical training program in metal fabrication, workshop practices, electrical and electronics engineering to the youths (both graduates and non graduates) through the Citizen Based Training program.
Zuma Energy Nigeria Limited (“Zuma Energy” or “ZENL”) is a Nigerian power development company that intends to develop power projects in the country and has obtained two major power generation licences to develop a:
1. 400MW combined cycle gas fired power project
2. 1200MW coal fired power plant (that will be developed in 2 phases of 600MW each) – 8 units x 150MW
3. The 1st phase 600MW will be developed in a stage-wise approach
4. 300MW will be the 1st stage of a 600MW 1st phase
5. The Project will be utilizing the circulating fluidized bed (“CFB”) technology
1. First of its kind coal Project in Nigeria and a stepping stone to achieving country’s vision of developing 30% of country’s power from Coal by 2020 Strong Private Sector Support from Zuma Energy
2. Domestic & regional demand for electricity. (Demand – Supply gap)
3. Long term Power Purchase Agreement (+20 years) under a well crafted tariff structure (MYTO)
4. Optimal plant location identified with respect to coal mine, limestone site, water access and connection to grid
5. Coal mining to be managed by Zuma Energy group company using an internationally experienced mining contractor ensuring no fuel shortage for the plant Robust project economics
1. Project location – Itobe, Kogi State
2. Project Company – Zuma Energy Coal Power Company (“ZECPC”)
3. First Phase of 300MW
4. Technology: Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB), which is a clean coal technology and meets the World Bank emission standard
5. Primary Fuel – Coal that will be sourced from Zuma Coal Mine in Okobo a distance of 126km from the proposed power plant.
6. Water Availability – Niger river (adjacent)
7. Limestone will be used as fluxing agent in the CFB Boiler for emission control and will be sourced from Ekirin-Adde a distance of about136km also in Kogi State.
8. Accessibility – Road and railway (to be constructed)
9. Evacuation of generated power will tie-in into the Ajaokuta-Lokoja-Gwagwalada-Abuja 330KV double circuitTransmission Line
10. Transmission Grid – 16 km from plant (Zuma Energy to develop T-line as part of the project and transfer the asset to TCN)